2004-2007 (2015) – Green Earth

Discuss the Science in the Capital trilogy (2004-2007) and the edited omnibus edition Green Earth (2015)

Comments

9 responses to “2004-2007 (2015) – Green Earth”

  1. FRANCOISE  Avatar
    FRANCOISE

    Now the Gulf Stream IS going more slowly : where is the salt ??? and the boats ?? 

    I hope you’re well 

    sincerely

     

     

  2. Stephen Verchinski  Avatar
    Stephen Verchinski

    This is writing that ignores why we were supposed to have ecological reviews in place and used before embarking on a geoengineering future. Page 818 Green Earth. Go read The Dust Detective in High Country News. Flooding the Taklamakan would have set off another series of unintended consequences.

  3. Andrea Urban Avatar
    Andrea Urban

    Hello,

    The book Green Earth is the first one I read by KSR and I love it. It is really great and I recommended it to some friends. Unfortunately, my friends understand only a little English and therefore I would like to ask if this book will be translated into German. If yes, I could present it to my friends.

    Kind regards,

    Andrea

     

     

     

  4. R Larson Avatar
    R Larson

    Reading this new compilation of FORTY SIGNS OF RAIN, FIFTY DEGREES BELOW & SIXTY DAYS AND COUNTING. Awesome.
    On page 234, KSR mentions “Ice-plant berms”. I’d never heard the term before and assume it refers to some way that the factories producing ice in San Diego cut into the cliffs. But!
    I can’t find any mention of this term or practice online. Does anyone have a link?

  5. robin bergren Avatar
    robin bergren

    Thank you KRS for The Capital Trilogy and the mission of popularizing global science you suggested via your charecter Edguardo.  This is my idea dreamofheavenonearthwithus@blogspot.com

    however i am an artist and writing and the computer are new to me and given the Supreme Courts actions regards the Paris Climate Talks, the Human Race  and the planet Earth dont have time for an amature right now.  Then i discovered your sight with this format and it moved me to hope that you and your readers would help me write it on line and get it produced as a series that would broaden the audiance to Billions of people in a more timely manner, say a single year.

    The synopsis is 44 pages.  The story involves a quest to save a future ecotopian society and the Earth from certain anihelation.  It’s an metaphisical odyssy of disfunctional charecters of our day across time and  a pristine planet Earth into their own being to liberation.  Our major motivation to show billions of people what a functional looks like by weaving existing brilliant sollutions to human based problems, including the teachings of the great masters, into an interesting sci fi adventure story they can watch in a weekly series.  

  6. tlfmd Avatar
    tlfmd

    I read with awe the description of the rain in D.C. in Forty Signs of Rain, a 2004 copyright book. I have the receipt from my purchase in May 2011 marking one of the more remarkable features. On Page 362 there is reference to Tropical Storm Sandy.(!?!)
    An amazing prediction, on par if not surpassing Nostradamus’s prediction of Hitler (Hisler). You only missed by a few miles.

  7. gary, toulouse,frr Avatar
    gary, toulouse,frr

    I m enjoying this ”science in the capital” very much… although Frank’s considerations are bit lenghty and i felt like something is missing in the ‘conversio’.

    It might sound odd, but your fiction brings much more reality to the environmental issues than all the serious stuff i may read.
    Not so odd you may tell since that’s what well writen fiction does…bring in the emotions without which there is no full human experience of reality.
    But still odd for I still can feel reality in fact based litterature.

    The cause i’m sure is the optimist (or proactive) stance in the novel.
    It’s too often that my hearing / reading on these issues is hampered by what i feel to be an undercurrent of resentment wishing to resolve in catastrophes.

    I had a look at wikipedia concerning the THC slowdown and the little ice age before feeling like to get to know what you would say after what seems like researches telling it might not be, let’s say, as big as that… is this article tampered by the ”Climate change does not exist” afficionados ?

    Do you know of any source that is vulgarising on environment without that gilt that sours so many discourses, steaming my glasses.

    Regards

    1. gary Avatar
      gary

      s big as that… is this article tampered by the ”Climate change does not exist” afficionados ?

      Do you know of any source that is vulgarising on environment without that gilt that sours so many discourses, steaming my glasses.

      Regards

  8. gary, toulouse,frr Avatar
    gary, toulouse,frr

    I m enjoying this ”science in the capital” very much… although Frank’s considerations are bit lenghty and i felt like something is missing in the ‘conversio’.

    It might sound odd, but your fiction brings much more reality to the environmental issues than all the serious stuff i may read.
    Not so odd you may tell since that’s what well writen fiction does…bring in the emotions without which there is no full human experience of reality.
    But still odd for I still can feel reality in fact based litterature.

    The cause i’m sure is the optimist (or proactive) stance in the novel.
    It’s too often that my hearing / reading on these issues is hampered by what i feel to be an undercurrent of resentment wishing to resolve in catastrophes.

    I had a look at wikipedia concerning the THC slowdown and the little ice age before feeling like to get to know what you would say after what seems like researches telling it might not be, let’s say, as big as that… is this article tampered by the ”Climate change does not exist” afficionados ?

    Do you know of any source that is vulgarising on environment without that gilt that sours so many discourses, steaming my glasses.

    Regards

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *